View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #18
katz4bratz
Registered Users

Re: Imperforated anus and vesicostomy?

I am so excited that I found this site!! My dd was born at 28 weeks diagnosed with a sacrococcygeal teratoma. Basically, it was a tumor on her tail bone half the size of her body. It damaged the whole lower half of her body. The tumor was blocking her urethra and causing the urine to back up into her kidneys. After getting numerous UTI's they decided to perform the vesicostomy. She had her surgery last May when she was 11 months old. They say that they are gonna do surgery on her when she is older but im not exactly sure what they are gonna do. I think they are gonna make it where we can cath her instead of just letting it drain continuously. We are not sure about her bowels and I need to make the appointment to have them checked but im currently 3 weeks away from having baby #4. I don't think she can control her bowels. She is hard most of the time and I have to help her get it all out. sometimes I have to use miralax or i try to adjust her diet. She is in a size 6 diaper and Im starting to have problems with her leaking. Especially at night. Ive gotten her in the habit of taking water to bed and she most always wakes up soaked I look forward to talking with you all and getting advice and support and giving advice and support. Its so nice to be able to talk to other moms with similar problems. Can't wait to hear back from you all!
katz4bratz is offline   Reply With Quote