View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #2
MamaLump
Registered Users
seller

Re: Nursing to sleep?

I nursed my son down for every nap and every bedtime for the first 8 months. Then he had to start daycare. That was a nightmare for everyone involved, especially him. I did continue to nurse him down for bedtime until he was 15 months, when it just wasn't working anymore. He thought it was playtime. It was a hard transition. It was also very difficult for dad to get him down when I couldn't be there, and would sometimes take over an hour or sometimes 2.

HOWEVER, I wouldn't go as far as to say I regret it. It was soooo nice to have him peacefully drift off to sleep in my arms.

That being said, I am going to do my best to get #2 (due in June) to fall asleep using other techniques so that DH and I can alternate who puts which kid to bed. DS still won't fall asleep by himself at 22 months, and someone has to lay with him, which honestly, I love. He will be a middle schooler before I blink and cuddles will be all but gone. I have a friend who is about 15 years my senior and her kids are teenagers. She made a comment recently when I said, "My son is a good cuddler" that was very dramatic and was of the, "What I wouldn't give for 1 more day of cuddling with my kids." She looked pretty tearful. I'm not going to worry about "having" to cuddle my kids to sleep if that is nursing or just holding. It does get exhausting when you know there is so much to get done after they are down, but honestly, I know I'll be begging for it a few short years from now.
MamaLump is offline   Reply With Quote