View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #19
Bellaroo
Registered Users

Re: Imperforated anus and vesicostomy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicap View Post
Well ladies she had her pull thru on Dec. 10. Although we consider the surgery a success because they were able to create the holes necessary and she came off the table alive. BUT her anomalies were a lot higher up than originally thought, even though she had the MRI, xrays, etc....so we are not sure of continency. BUT praise God that He is in control and we know how to pray for her better now. We were also told that her 2 uteruses are half sized uteruses so for now it is not recommended for her to ever have children. BUT who know where medical technology/science will be in 18-20+ years.

She also had her vagiplasty and that went well as well. We are currently doing the anal dialations, and that has been wickedly emotional for me. I raelly really struggle through it all. But its okay because I know it is necessary.

She goes back to the hospital to be scoped to see how she is healing at the end of this month and then we will make the plan for closing down her ostomies at that time.

UFFDA! Lots and lots going on.
I'm not sure if the doctors made this comment with just the size of her uteri in mind or if they were considering all the factors but if it was just due to the size than I can tell you that they are incorrect. Many women with uterine anomalies (including uterus didelphys - two halves of a whole uterus) go on to have healthy pregnancies and babies. I was initially thought to have a UD and no doctor ever tried to discourage me from having children. My diagnosis turned out to be wrong (I have a different type of anomaly that divides the uterus) but was still able to carry my son to term.

Just wanted to through that out there since I know you are dealing with a lot right now and wanted to give you a bit of encouragement.
Bellaroo is offline   Reply With Quote