Old 03-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #52
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: The Best of Both Worlds: At Peace with Formula Feeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyia81 View Post
I am right there with you. My baby is growing, but very slowly! Last weigh in at 3 month was 10lbs 11.5oz. She was born at 7lbs 5oz. I have been doing everything under the sun to increase my milk supply. Fenugreek, Calcium & Magnesium supplements, plenty of fluids, mostly well-balanced diet, very little caffeine and still not much increase. Plus my period started back a week ago. Urgh! DD does sleep through the night so I am thankful for the sleep despite it probably is why my period returned.

Now I'm contemplating supplementing with formula. I sorta feel like I'm failing. It's hard to admit that I don't have control over this. I am trying as hard as I can. I gonna see how I do until her 4 month check up and reassess everything.
It's tough and sometimes, despite our best efforts, our bodies don't cooperate with the wishes of our hearts. Whatever reason a mama chooses to or NEEDS to supplement, there is no judgement here (in the FFing forum, at least ). Not all of us are moon goddesses who fart rainbows and have overflowing milk fountains . . . not that BFing is all that, but sometimes we feel bad when it doesn't end up like the heavenly fairytale we dreamed of our whole pregnancy!

Our babies need nourishment, whether is comes from a can or your "cans", it is your baby and don't let anyone make you feel bad about your feeding choices/needs.