View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #30
Ashsmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiemama View Post
we officially started when DD turned 3. that's when we started doing workbooks together, talking about letters of the day, etc. We started with the alphabet, taking a day for each letter, then we did numbers 1-10, then i found a bible school curric for preschools and we went through that. it's all very casual, we would sit down and work for as little at 5 min together. i've ALWAYS incorporated art activities, cooking, or anything else creative into our schoolwork. now that DD is almost 4, we're even more structured. we are doing 1 bible lesson a week, learning a memory verse and character trait for the month, and again doing a Letter a Day. I'm going to break the alphabet up into sections and do Unit Studies periodically too. really you can take the simplest task and think "what subjects are we covering with this?" and you'll find you do much more than you first think.
Thank you, I'm leaning towards doing things similar to what you said :-)