View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 05:37 AM   #622
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ****Winter**** Chicken Moma chat thread. Join in the chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
I know, crappy mistake right? Glad I sucked it up and replaced it though. Here's the listing I bought the lav's from, the blue/lav will be sarahs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lavender-Ameraucana-Hatching-eggs-6-/190805707636?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STR K%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=2MxaHbIFxi%252B9BKYfyli 426BEAsE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
No, not a crappy mistake. Aw, it happens hun. It's a huge learning curve. I was to slow on the link and missed it. I'll have to see pics of the babies. I'd wait a little on Sarah's. I just set more and I think it may be the bitter cold she's having. No luck. I think I have tossed just over half, between you and I. You may want to wait a little while before talking to her about sending more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melmonkey View Post
Just candled our eggs...out of 48 shipped eggs, 20 for sure have a chick growing in there, 3 had detached air sacs and were bad, and the rest of them are back in the bator for a day 14 candling, and if nothing is going on, they are going over the hill with the 3 that will go tomorrow.

I will catch up on everyones babies and fun coops tomorrow
I hope you get better visibility. Sometimes tinted eggs are just super hard to see. Hang in there Moma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky McMurdo View Post
Got the humidity figured out thanks to you ladies. Also got the temperature back down to 100. The motor on the turner was working too hard because I had moved the trays over to make room. I'm only hatching 12 eggs so I just took all the extra trays out and the temperature went down.

And I didn't think my husband was going to be excited about this endevor, but on the way home he was talking about keeping a rooster so we could raise our own meat and now he's open to the larger breeds. Woohoo!

I'm already contemplating fencing in the front yard and keeping 2 flocks.
And here we go! Now you have the support, we prob have another hatchaholic here, hehe! Arn't they fun!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote