View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 06:09 AM   #6
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you are changing curriculum now...

We started school back in July and will finish this school year in May. When we started, I had chosen to do Tapestry of Grace with all of my DC. We pushed through it though I felt totally lost in the TOG FOG everyone talks about but by December, as we approached our scheduled Christmas break, I still felt overwhelmed by it all so I made the decision to drop it.

I used that break to familiarize myself with the new plan, which was really just for History/Geography at that point as I'd figured things out for art and literature along the way (the only other subjects we were doing with TOG).

Because we'd already been reading along with SOTW2 for TOG, I continued with that after our break was over in January, borrowed the AG from a friend to check out, and grabbed some extra books for more meaty reading for the oldest who is in 7th grade. I also checked out the history module that best fit our time period on simplycharlottemason.com and realized we'd read many of those books so was feeling better about my new plan.

It wasn't an ideal situation switching midyear like that. I hate starting something new without researching it to death but it's what I had to do!

So if I were you, I would take a break from the current curriculum and just do a lot of reading and math review until the new one arrives. And then jump into that one! Good luck!
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote