View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #24
Tiffanylamp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Earning/Saving Extra Money ~~ March ~~ Think Spring!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffie View Post
My local consignment store has a 40/60 split (me getting the 40%) but the larger seasonal kids consignment sales are better. The first one I am participating in has a base earning amount of 70% but if you add volunteer shifts the percentage increases. I did one volunteer shift so I will earn 80% but if I was able to get two shifts I would take home 90% of my sales. There is a sign up fee of $12. The second sale isn't as good and the base is 50% I believe but also increases with volunteer shifts. I figure I will take my leftovers from the first sale to the second one.

Try looking around in your area a little more or inquire about volunteering to help with the sale. I listed some clothes on CL last month and ended up selling them for next to nothing when I broke it down by price per item.
I can do shifts to earn more, but dh travels for work and I don't have anyone to watch my daughter. And, I did find another consignment sale that offers 70/30 which I am thinking about signing up for. I don't know how the foot traffic is, but I really only have about 20 things to sell. And they are big/bigger items. Not clothes really as I don't mind selling them to my local once upon a child.

Good to know about the CL price issue. I think I am mostly nervous about nut jobs contacting me, or wasting a lot of time for someone who says they are coming to look at something and never showing. Just not a confident seller

Happily getting my Groupon on
Tiffanylamp is offline   Reply With Quote