View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #10
Registered Users
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,443
Originally Posted by 7 for now View Post
My preemie is 3.5 months now and the doc actually recommended only doing DTaP and rotovirus for now. I delay anyway and those were the two I was considering. We live around 2 states that have outbreaks of Pertussis. My son had half of his lung removed due to a congenital defect so if he caught that it would be very detrimental to him. Same with rotovirus as he is so small and has eating issues. If he got rotovirus it would be automatic hospital admission. He is also getting RSV injections every 4 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Just so you know, the CDC does not recommend beginning the rotavirus vaccine after 14 weeks 6 days. (My doc didn't know either--that's why DD#2 got the first dose.) Info here:
Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote