View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
cpamamma
Registered Users
seller

3rd Day of OCPT - DD still scared

My DD is 27 months old, and we are on day 3. I allowed my DD to wear pants most of the day today. She is very good about knowing when she has to pee and wanting to run to the potty (with a bit of my help/direction). However, she is terrified of actually going. She is fine to sit, and could sit for over an hour so it's not a fear of the actual potty. Just a fear of going.

She cries and screams through every poop and pee - sometimes it takes 1.5 hours to get one pee out. She asks to hold me hand, rocks back and forth on the potty, jumping on and off, telling me her tummy hurts. Then, suddenly she goes and says "I did it!", asks for her reward (one chocolate chip and one mini marshmallow), and agrees she feels better. Sometimes she only lets a tiny bit out, and that's after holding it for 3-5 hours (no rewards if she only goes a tiny bit)! She only had one accident today, and stopped herself after a small dribble, but this seems crazy!

Today she has gone pee 3 times and poop once. Even though she has been using the potty for three days, the fear isn't getting better. What can I do to help her relax? At this point I don't know how we could everleave the house!
cpamamma is offline   Reply With Quote