View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 07:51 AM   #4
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Do you keep toys "to grow into?"

Tough question. I guess keep them if you truly think you can't replace them. Chances are, by the time you want to replace them, you won't even remember what they originally cost OR something newer and better will have come along. And it's hard to know what kids will be into down the line, too. Like back in the day, I bought Little People because I thought all kids liked them. Except mine didn't.

If you want to meet in the middle, pick a couple of favorites and keep those and go with the flow when it comes to picking out new toys. Also, if you do Christmas and birthdays, you can ask relatives to give some of those cool older toys to defray your costs.

I can relate to wanting to save money, though. It was a hard transition for me to let go of things that wouldn't get used for upwards of 5 years or more, knowing I would need to do some replacing later. And it's not like I don't have the storage, because I do, but if navigating stored things is stressful then it's not worth keeping things that won't get used.

Take it with a grain of salt, though....I have a small shelf of board games that haven't been played since we had kids 5 years ago.....but I've kept them because I know we will someday....and I know replacing a scrabble game is pretty easy, too.