Old 03-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #17
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: If you coulodn't breastfeed your baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLovely View Post
This. I would only take donor milk from close friends, so I highly doubt that they would be able to provide enough. Then again, I'm in the camp that breastmilk is best whenever possible (and would go to great lengths to provide it), but if it's not, formula is a perfectly acceptable alternative.
I guess I could see getting milk from a very close friend, but at least for me, the odds are slim that I am close to someone who happens to be lactating. (My one BFing friend had her own issues keeping her supply up for her baby). I honestly went through hell and back trying to BF (and no I am not just talking about pain, bleeding, etc, because I kept going THROUGH all that, despite PPD and having to go back to work . . . only to be able to pump a maximum of 2-3 ounces a day (TOTAL and on a good day, both breasts and this is pumping 3-4 times a day). I feel like I get super defensive because I hear about "trying harder" and "giving up and I could not have tried any harder than I did.

Whether you FF by choice or by necessity or if you care capable of BFing indefinitely and pumping to donate to you, because being a mama is not easy!