View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #27
RJ6Mommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: March Farm/Homesteading Chatter

Last Friday I picked up for Lilac Rabbits for my 4 older kids' show rabbits. They are so docile im glad I choose them. They are also on the watch list for endangered breeds. These are going to be easy for 4-h showmanship.
Sunday DH learned to make a milk stand for the goats and completed one and will build the other this week.
Also Sunday we picked up to Boer goats for two of my kids' market goats for fair. They are so sweet and cute it may be hard to let them go.
Came home to one of the new ewes having babies in the pasture. Both are rams again so now we have 4 pure southdown rams and one more to lamb. Hoping for girls so we can carry on the registered purebred. The rams will go in the freezer unless I come across someone close wanting a breeding Ram.
Had to breed two of our California rabbits again so the kids will have meat pens for fair, not that I do not already have 30 baby Californians but they have to be under 70 days old for fair.
I am happy Basketball ends this weekend and we can be down to just Baseball and Softball for sports right now. That will cut practices to only four days a week plus whenever games are.
Erin married to Justin since 3/2/02 , EBF, CDing, BWing, vaxing, SAHM to 7 Kids, 6 on earth and 1 in heaven. Ruben James 9/10/99 , Robert Justin 10/5/02 , Rebecca Joy 12/5/03 , Raychel Jolee 3/30/05 , **Russell Jack RIP 12/14/06**, Rylan Josiah 7/3/08 , Ramsee Jayce 4/24/11
RJ6Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote