View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 06:27 AM   #8
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breastfeeding theories- chat with me

I think there are a lot of factors that play into a sucsessful breastfeeding experience. Stress, lack of sleep, being a working mom all work against a moms ability to breastfeed. I think this forum is made up of way more SAHM than WOH moms and being a WOH mom who is breast feeding is completely different.

I WOH, with my first and 2nd babies I had a pretty good supply at first, pumping enough for the next days bottles but not really any extra for the freezer. That lasted till about 5 months when I wasn't able to pump even 1/2 of what I needed. By 6 months there was nothing left. I was getting maybe 2oz total for my pumping sessions. We went to formula. Those two babies were very much, nurse and be done. They did not comfort nurse and both STTN early. I don't wake a healthy sleeping baby. I think both of those factors played a roll in the end of my supply. I was actually fine with it to be honest. WOH, pumping, stressing over having enough milk was causing me more stress. I was sleeping less with trying to get up in the middle of the night to pump and it wasn't working.

Now with baby #3, she is a completely different baby and I have learned some new things about supply and ways to help. She is a big comfort nurser and still wakes 2 times during the night. My supply is different too. I also am eating differently. I eat a big bowl of oatmeal w/flax everymorning. I can tell the difference when I don't eat my oatmeal for a few days. My pumping amounts are down. We have hit 6 months with no supply issues and not having to dip into my freezer stock.