View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #11
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
I think the best advice I can give is to not worry too much about until you get there. The how-to of it is pretty simple. Have baby, have boob, insert tab a into slot b.

I'm not trying to be trite. BFing the beginning isn't easy. But I don't think reading books will really help prep you.

You have to learn how to do it, the baby has to learn too. It's a team effort. I'm nursing my second baby, 8 weeks old. I nursed dd1 for 9 months. I had trouble with the second baby getting started. So even though I knew what I wa s doing, there was a learning curve. Nursing is a relationship between two. In a way it's kind if like sex (I'm not trying to be weird). You can read about it, watch videos, etc. but until you do it, you're not going to know how to do it.

If you want to bf then do it, be open minded to the experience. Know that it can be really tough in the beginning, but it can get so easy that you can't believe how hard it was. Try to find a good lac. consultant. There are good and bad, those with agendas and those without. Take their advice but if it doesn't make sense, ditch it.

I nursed and used formula, do what works for you and don't worry about the rest.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote