View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #32
Datamum
Registered Users

Re: success story: overcoming insufficient glandular tissue

Logged back in to reply to you - the whole time I nursed my first I made tea with:
- fenugreek
- goat's rue
- fennel
- red clover
- alfalfa

Drank it all.the.time.

It made a difference, but I still supplemented with formula and used an SNS. We nursed until a nursing strike at 10.5 months. I was back at work at this point so I just gave up breastfeeding.

While pregant with my 2nd, I drank tea to help in the last trimester. I drank:
- goat's rue
- alfalfa
-red clover
-nettle
- RRL

Once my second was born, I took domperidone right off the bat, accepted her slow gain (my first was always small, still is!) and just nursed night and day, at least every hour if not more frequently. I took the more milk capsules and drank the tea. I stayed away from our formula-pushing ped. She gained her birth weight back after one month, and was 14lbs by 5 months. I weaned off domperidone at 5 months, and ran out of more milk capsules at 6 months but found it didn't make too much of a difference so I quit them and the teas around 6 months. By 6 months we revised her lip and tongue tie, and then she really started to plump up. She is still a tiny peanut but quite healthy and EBF at nearly 9 months. She has a healthy appetite for solids so I know we will be formula free for her.

I guess is what I'm trying to get at is I feel that all the work using an SNS and taking the herbs and persevering with my first has allowed me to nurse my second.

It is really worth it.