View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help me understand...

why is there such a HUGE pricetag on some baby carriers? is the fabric expensive, are they hard to make or what?? i think what equally baffles my mind is that so many mamas have multiple super expensive carriers! i joined the fb babywearing swap page and i am embarrassed to list my basic gauze wrap because everything else on there is 100-500+ dollars. i LOVE babywearing, love love love it but i guess i just dont get the hype over these expensive carriers, then again maybe i would get it better if i could afford them? i "invested" in an ergo and waited for a sale, coupon and saved money up for a while to purchase it so i am turned off by the high prices to be honest, partially because we could never afford one (and so i get a little bratty when i see one i love for 300$ and it seems like every other mama posts a stash shot with 10 of them in different colors ) and partially because i just dont see why they are any better than a simple quality wahm made mei tai or wrap you can find for under 50$?