View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #19
mmmarmalade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The Tale of a CD addict

Mine started with my sister. She decided to cd her two youngest, who overlapped in diapering for a long time. She saw this skirty when she was pregnant with her little girl and told me she HAD to have one!!!! At the time I didn't really knit. I'd made a couple of scarves, and that was it. And of course there was no pattern. So I was left to my own devices and this is what I came up with:

My sister decided it was the cutest thing ever and that it needed to be shared with the world, so she posted it in an etsy shop for me, and I've been getting custom orders ever since. My designs have come a long way since then.

Once I started knitting soakers, I felt it would be very disingenuous of me to use sposies when I was earning money for my family through the CD community. I'd wanted to with my first, but just wasn't brave enough or motivated enough to dive in. With my last, he's been in cloth since we ran out of sposies that were gifted to us during my pregnancy, about 2 months. I do have a few pairs of longies, but most of my stash is flips and prefolds. I LOVE them! I would probably use wool a lot more if I was any good at pinning prefolds and if I had time to knit for my own baby! Fortunately, my sisters have graciously let me use the cute stuff I made for their babies

Marmalade Baby
mmmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote