View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #220
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Blessed with Children, Struggling for More February

Thanks ladies!

Yup, had my transfer this morning. So they retrieved 8 eggs, injected 7, 4 grew. I wasn't feeling fantastic & I'm pretty sure I had some mild OHSS (plenty of fluids & tons of salty food helped). I thought I was going to have to go to the transfer by myself b/c DP had some meetings at work, but she unexpectedly had a snow day. That was good, except we were stuck on the highway for.ev.er. b/c of accidents. Anyway, having a driver meant I could take the Valium they gave me (WTH, I didn't think I was THAT bad the first time ). Of the 4 blasts, 3 were growing well & 1 was a little gimpy. The doctor recommended transferring 2 of the "good" blasts but said that it was pretty much a sure thing that only 1 of the remainders would freeze--so he let me transfer that one as well. And DP & I got to go out to lunch together, she dropped me off for a massage, picked DD up from DC a little early, and it was overall a great day.

I go back for my beta a week from Thursday, so fx!

And yeah, infertility (and in my case, especially the treatment) is a huge relationship strain...Now, my levels were whacked this time anyway, but I got to the point this cycle where I was so depressed and dysphoric that I was just ready to walk away--from home, marriage, motherhood, all of it. I knew it was the meds, but there was nothing I could do about it...and the irony that I felt like this in order to have another child was not lost on me . As soon as I stopped stimming, I felt 100x better. I can imagine that it would be even harder to handle if we were going back & forth on whether to TTC or not.
carriek38 is offline   Reply With Quote