View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #3
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: GD mamas, please commiserate with me

Yup, I was on 4 times daily insulin. It is very normal for your needs to go up until delivery....that's just because of the placenta hormone load keeps going up. Don't worry about the amount you are on, just take enough to control the sugars. One thing that helped me control those wretched after breakfast # is I ate the same breakfast every day....2 eggs and 1 slice of toast with 1 t natural jam. That way I knew any increases were not just due to a dietary slip-up. I was able to be more flexible with lunch and supper. Just to make you feel better...I ended up on a total of 220!!! units per day this last time AND IT STILL WENT AWAY AFTER DELIVERY. None of the Drs can believe it Baby weighed a healthy 8lbs 11 oz a few days shy of 38 weeks.

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote