03-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in a pile of laundry!
Re: Midwife gift ideas
We framed a nice maternity picture of me as a personal gift and I hand painted her a really fun henna inspired design that had her practice's name on it. Other ideas I have heard in the past are,
- prayer bead necklace or birth inspired jewelry.
- birth art or poems
- extra copies of positive birth books and movies so they can lend them out to new mothers, I know my midwife is always looking for more copies!
- donating a placenta encapsulation or starting a fund to help a mother who does not have midwife coverage with her insurance or is low income. (this was how we are getting our placenta encapsulated, it was a donation from a past mom).
- tickets to a showing of Ina May's newest film but that one is based on where you live, it already happened in my area.
- a nicely written recommendation letter with birth pictures for future clients
That's all I can think of right now
crunchy wife to B
and momma of identical twin girls G
, our rainbow
born at home April 2013 and R
forever in my heart.