View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

Help! Getting nervous about upcoming surgery and general anesthesia

X-posted from SN forum because I know not everyone looks there!

Hey mamas,

My dd goes in on Monday (the 25th) for an umbilical hernia repair and I'm getting super freaked out. I had been told (not sure why) that she was going to be sedated but not under general anesthesia... I just talked to the nurse who informed me that it WILL in fact be general anesthesia and she will have a breathing tube etc. I'm getting really nervous.. When she was sedated for an MRI I was able to be with her the whole time but the nurse says she may wake up without me.. I'm really nervous that she's going to completely freak out.

They also told me that she will not get anything other than OTC meds for pain when at home... Should I push for a stronger rx?

I also have not told her about this yet, I planned to tell her a day or two before so it doesn't freak her out too much... Good plan or should I tell her asap? How do you prepare your kiddos for surgery?

Any help/advice/experiences would be greatly appreciated...
Please help me chill out!