View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help! Getting nervous about upcoming surgery and general anesthesia

I would give her a heads up, looks like she's around 4? DD1 has had 2 surgeries, and we talk about going to the doctor, taking special medicine, going to sleep. DD1 did not wake up either time before we were brought back to recovery, they come get us as soon as she is back there and we are there when she wakes up. It's not fun. They are groggy and disoriented and sore. Both times she just wanted to be held. They have to hold down fluids for a specified period of time before you can leave. The 1st time we were out of there in 30 minutes, the 2nd time it took 2 hours because DD1 puked up the juice and we had to wait and try again.

We never needed more than a higher does OTC med, and DD1 had cochlear implants where they drilled holes in her skull, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

It is scary, that's just the way it is. But I take comfort in the fact that if anything goes wrong all the right people are there to help her. Our docs always came out ASAP to tell us everything went well. They also gave DD1 Versed (sp??) before taking her back. She was still awake, but basically stoned and easy going, so there were no separation tears or anything.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote