Here is the regimen I am following right now - from Dr Jack Newman - and it nipped it super super fast.
For the nips....(apply after every feeding)
1)APNO creme (must be prescribed by a physician and mixed at an apothocary) about $45
2) Graperuit seed extract (purchased at sprouts ) $11
*follow dr. newman instructions
For the babes mouth...
1) Probiotics powder on my finger - let her suck it 2 x a day
2) Can do gentian violet (though I didn't do this bc it didn't come in time)
For the babes bottom....
Can do a mixture of the grapefruit seed extract
For me to take orally....
1) Grapefruit seed extract supplements (bought at hi health for about $15) - many times a day
2) Probiotics - many times a day
3) Eat raw garlic (dice this up - soak in honey and just swallow without chewing)
4) Echinacea 3 - 4x's a day
For the laundry....
1) GFSE put in the laundry at the rinse cycle (20 drops)
1) Change breast pads after every feeding
2) Change bra and shirt every day
3) Use towels only once
4) Use burp cloths, etc only once
LOTS of handwashing...
So, I know this is ALOT! But, as I understand it, you have to attack it with FULL force from every angle - treating everything that would be touching your nipples, your bottom area, babies diaper area, and babies mouth. I really think that many of us just partially treat it.
Also, my LC tells me that you HAVE to treat it for a minimum of 14 days AFTER you have no symtoms - to continue to stabilize the yeast.
My LC told me to avoid even fruit for a week or 2 - so I have really been focussing on vegies and protein. Eliminating ALL sugars and dairy.
So far, its working great.
LC told me that for moms that have it recurring, you and the baby should consider daily probiotics for the remainder of the breastfeeding relationship.
Hope that helps...
For more thourough information...see Dr Jack Newmans website.
Wife to my Easy-Breezy Husband, Mama and Teacher to my 4 kiddos: DD 12, DS 10, DS 3, DD 6 weeks
Currently working on...Leading my heart where it should go....not yelling....and practicing patience.