View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #11
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: So many cavities, so little time.

sometimes I hear my kids need this and that at the dentist too and i think, REALLY? i cant even see it and its baby teeth. it its bad, i will fill it in X amount of time. but most of the teeth fell out cause they were baby teeth. then to me, thats a dumb investment to have that tooth fall out. yeah i hear but it could take a yr to fall out. well it could also take over 2 yr before that cavity gets huge if I am making sure its cleaned well. yep, sure enough one of my kids tooth from a yr ago has not gotten bigger at all. its going to fall out in 6-8 month i would guess since it was once of his first teeth to come in. yeah thats $250 to fill it too.
now I have had a 5 yr old need 6 fillings cause she has deep grooves like one mama stated here. these were bad and I got them filled and one tooth still cracked so it was yanked.
I also had one child who was 7 that had a cavity that progressed quick, the dentist said so a root canal. ah NO way. $2000 on a molar? we had it yanked for $200 and saved all that money and guess what his wisdom tooth took its place
my ever so long point is,
I agree, dentists sometimes want to do preventive care on teeth that dont REALLY need it. they want to be aggressive when some of us cant afford that. if you feel uncomfy, get a new dr. i preferred the old days when their were less x rays and dr's really got in your mouth to take a look. i had less fillings and better care!