View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 06:14 AM   #61
lakemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What has your favorite age to parent been?

I voted 19+ because really the vast majority of 'parenting' is done by then and you become a support person and a resource person. You're dishing out advice not discipline. That said I really loved parenting ALL ages EXCEPT puberty. Puberty sucks!!!!! Girls/boys doesn't matter it just suck and my constant mantra during those years was 'do not engage, do not engage' and 'they will come out the other side as mature adults....they really will!' We've gone through it 4 times now and have 2 left to go but as I was telling my oldest a couple of weeks ago....at least we have a couple of years with the 11yo before he hits this stage. I'm looking forward to a few years of relative peace in our home before he hits the hormonal drama of puberty.
lakemom is offline   Reply With Quote