View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Low blood sugar? What to do?

DS2 has now had at least 3 of these episodes I think are low blood sugar. I say "at least" because both DH and my mom claim to have witnessed other episodes, but didn't give good details.

#1 - about 1 month ago (just after his second birthday). Woke normally from nap, about 20 minutes later, he was eating a snack when I noticed he was shaking (like a shivery shake, not seizure), his lips were blue, and he felt cold. Temp was about 96.5. I scooped him up and snuggled with him. He seemed back to normal within a few minutes.

#2 - last week. He went to bed as usual and woke up about 1.5 hours later crying. I went in, comforted him and laid him back down. A few minutes later, he cried again. This time, he was cold and shaky. It was dark, so I don't know if his lips were blue. Temp was around 97. Gave him almond milk and as with him about 10 minutes until he calmed down and put him back to bed.

#3 - this morning. About 30 minutes after DS2 woke up, DH came in and woke me up. DS's fingers and lips were bluish again and his temp was 96.3. He was shaky. We gave him almond milk and some cereal. He perked back up in a few minutes.

He's small for his age, was a 36 weeker, is lactose sensitive, has had reflux issues. He eats like a horse (easily as much as his 5 year old brother, if not more), drinks tons of fluids. At least 6 full sippy cups of water or almond milk a day. We saw his pedi after the second episode and she said to call back if it started happening daily. I'm concerned with this advice as waiting until its happening daily really worried me.

I don't know what to do or where to go from here. Am I really overreacting? She made me feel like I am, but my mommy instinct just isn't comfortable.
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote