View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
GerbersRN
Registered Users

Am I a candidate for VBAC??

Hello. I am currently not pregnant, but my husband and I are discussing having another and beginning to try. With my first child I had an extremely stressful time during my pregnancy working 60+ hours a week switching back and forth days and nights. I was diagnosed with GD, and required insulin. My water broke at 11 am on Monday, but it was only my head waters. Started having active labor at 11 pm that night and went into the hospital at 3 am dilated at 5.5 cm. they started me on pitocin as soon as I got my epidural at 8 30 and I was at 7- 71/2 at that time. I was fully dilated at noon and started pushing but she was in the OP position and the top of the scalp would come out, and then go back in after the contraction I pushed for five hours. My LO wasn't struggling yet, but the epidural wasnt sticking and after trying to vacuum her out and it failing I decided I wanted the C section. At 5 30 my LO was born at 8 lbs 11 oz. I am very much wanting to try a VBAC, my DH isn't very hot on the idea... But I just need some more opinions. Thank you!
GerbersRN is offline   Reply With Quote