View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #33
ilovemygirl
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: How to FF at hospital after birth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
They have no formula in the L & D department. They are 100% pro-breastfeeding, natural birth, etc. Of course ... I'd be happy to give you their phone number in a PM & you can always call and verify.
I can't tell you how much I really hope they get sued for this ... and I'm sure it will happen. Eventually someone is going to NEED formula for their babies (lots of examples why have been given). I can't imagine it's legal to tell a woman who just gave birth - that may or may not have family to assist her - that her babies need to starve during the duration of her stay there because they just don't feel like having food for babies. This just makes no sense to me. They have food for adults. Why wouldn't they have food for babies for the same reasons they provide food for everyone else?
Also, I wonder if this is a misunderstanding. My hospital is self described as baby friendly. I received a whole packet about BF. It states all the services they have to support it and goes on and on about all the reasons for BF and that they don't participate in the formula samples BUT they also say they will provide formula in the hospital if needed and/or chosen after an informed decision has been made. Is this possibly a birth center you are talking about?
ilovemygirl is offline   Reply With Quote