View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #41
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mini Minimalist Challenge: 3/25-3/29

Ive pretty much given up on staying on track this week. Although I did go through my closet today. I gave 5 shirts to my mom and one pair of pants. I got three pair of pants out that don't "fit" me because they are to long and my mom measured them on me and marked them to get them hemmed for me. I put 8 shirts in my back up closet (I know that's not really getting rid of them but hear me out.). These were my "fat" clothes. The only reason I'm not getting rid of them is because IF our infertility treatments are successful this summer they are all great cuts for the beginning of a pregnancy when you're to big for your old clothes but not big enough for true maternity. So I put them in our spare closet which is where my maternity clothes are stored. But they are there conditionally, if I'm not pregnant by the end of the year they will be donated. If I do use them I will use them at the beginning, then save them again for after because those first few months post par tum are always really rough on you emotionally because you're still fat and nothing fits. Or maybe that was just me. So they are decluttered, just not gone yet but they will be within a year one way or the other. Then I found two nice things that won't fit mom or me so I have those listed for sale on facebook. So my closet is pretty bare. I have tons of pants now. But I only have three nice (for work) short sleeve shirts. I keep complaining to dh I have nothing to wear and he looks and tells me my closet is full. Now my closet literally looks empty. There are maybe 10 shirts that actually fit me and most won't work for spring and summer. Sad but true. I still need to go through my shelves now and do more, but I feel pretty good about what I have done. I have a big walk in closet and all the shelves are full. But they aren't all full of clothes. We have spare bedding and winter sweaters and sweatshirts and such. Really most of the clothes in there belong to DH. His side is overflowing. BUT everything fits him so I have a hard time justifying getting rid of it. Instead, I weed them out as they rip or get welder burns in them and just don't replace. So hopefully, slowly his closet will go down someday.
slimy72 is online now   Reply With Quote