View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
Mummandherboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Gluten/Diary Free Recipe Thread...Should We Start One?

This is great...thanks Ladies. I love the idea of being able to bounce off ideas/recipes with others who have been doing this for awhile, or who are just starting like me. Okay, so I have been on the site chocolate covered katie...it looks awesome! In fact, I made the frozen somoa girl scout cookie pie for a get-together we are going to this evening and it looks awesome!!...I did try the filling when I was making it and it was so yummy...so can't wait to try it frozen with chocolate on top
Also, I wanted to quick re-post a recipe I found on here from another Mama for GF/DF waffles...we tried it and I was SO happy that everyone liked them...all the kids and DH!! I changed it just a little bit from hers, but here it is: Also, I doubled the one she had, because I always need to double everything for our crew

GF/DF Waffles

1 cup GF flour mix...which is: 2 cups rice flour, 2/3 c potato starch, 1/3 c tapioca flour, 1tsp xanthan gum. Mix and store in airtight container.

1 1/2 c corn flour
2 T sugar
2 T baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon

mix all this together in a bowl.

then add 4 eggs
3 1/2 cups almond/rice/flax/etc. milk....I used a mixture of flax and almond
1 cup oil (I used 1/2 cup melted coconut oil and 1/2 flax)

Mix all together and pour into waffle maker...we added blueberries one time and choc. chips another... both times were a total hit
Expecting our precious baby boy #6 in December!
Mummandherboys is offline   Reply With Quote