Old 04-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #247
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: February/March Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbreb View Post
You are so right about the first year. After losing my first son the first year held the biggest emotional roller-coaster. I could never really say it is easier... maybe more predictable. Easter day has been great with this little boy but I spent a lot of time thinking about what I would be doing with Abby. I thought about white ruffled socks, pretty easter dressed and patent leather shoes. I imagine what it would be like to have her with me constantly. I so miss her presence.

However, Spider-Man said "I love you too" when I told him I loved him tonight for the first time and that is a moment I cherish.

Thank you. Losing Abby ignited my desire to do foster care. I had thought about it for years but with Abbys death and no ability to have another biological child now or possibly ever I knew I needed to poor my love and time into more children. I adore my son but he is so easy to care for he is not a challenge for me. I also knew he needed siblings to grow with and learn from.

Although my son does not particularly enjoy Little-Man he LOVES Spider-Man. Maybe more than Spider-Man love him I think this is the way with big brothers and little brothers. The little one can be an annoyance sometimes. They do play well together though and it warms my heart to see my son enjoying his new relationship with Spider-Man.

Saturday night I laid out all of our shoes (Minus Little man since he wont ware them so I leave them in the car for an as needed basis.) Looking at the four pairs of shoes of our family was heartwarming. It makes me sad to know Ben and Abby will forever be left out of such sweet moments in physical presence but never in our hearts. I took a picture of those shoes together to remember that moment by. I think it was one of those important moments where it his me. THIS is our family now!

(Sorry if I rambled a bit here I am pretty tired. I have been up since 6am)
thank you for sharing.

I had that peaceful happy contented feeling with our first dfd! That is a great feeling.