View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
birdinhand
Registered Users

No-Name Baby is Here...

Sounds sad, huh? We haven't decided yet .

Contractions started at 2 am. Midwife got here at 6 and I was 3 cm. In an hor I was 5. Baby was born at 9:42. He was my smallest (8 pounds, 1 ounce), and I swear the hardest, I don't know why. I screamed and cried during pushing, which I have never done before, and really wasn't longer than 20 super-intense minutes. The only thing I can figure is, last two babies were posterior, #2 born face-up, #3 rotating at the very last minute, and I never had the urge to push and began pushing simply to get stage 2 underway; this time I actually had to wade through transition (which felt like it was taking way too long) and get to stage 2 when my body told me to...and baby's presentation was excellent. We had the tub set up, and I labored in there for a while, but I had such extreme pain and pressure in my lower uterine segment I coudn't sit on my bottom and the pool proved exhausting for positioning. I had him in my bed.

He doesn't have a name yet, we are taking suggestions; no one in the family knew he was a boy but me so we never really talked about names; we are leaning towards a Biblical first name -- Ezra, Benjamin, Gabriel, Asher, ??? Everyone has an opinion (my mom, sister, and two nephews are here as well). Place your vote or offer a new suggestion.

Last edited by birdinhand; 04-12-2013 at 10:26 PM.
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote