View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 11:17 AM   #1
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My peepee hurts?

Ok, DJ just turned 2 and uses the potty about half the time. He is circ'ed (don't want a debate...just trying to cover the relevant info) and has never had any problems. This morning, he woke up asking to use the potty as usual so I took him in there and sat him down. Just as the first drops started to come out, he let out a scream and started crying that it hurt and pointing to his penis. He did go ahead and pee, but not much for first thing in the morning, I think he was holding back. He ran around naked for a few minutes and a couple of times he let a few more drops out but when I tried to get him back to the potty, he didn't want to so I put his diaper back on. I noticed that the very tip of his penis, right at the opening was just a little red looking so I put some A&D ointment on it which is what we use for diaper rash. He's staying with Grandma today and in the car on the way over there, he started saying that his "booty" hurts but after a few seconds, he was onto something else. Then he was playing at her house, and all of a sudden grabbed the front of his diaper and yelled "Ouch! Peepee hurts!" His diaper was pretty wet at that point so I changed him. He said he needed to potty but he just sat there for a minute and then said he was done without actually doing anything (not unusual). I put some more ointment on him when I put his diaper back on. Now, he has just recently learned the word "hurt" and seems to like to use it lately...it seems like every day something "hurts" so I have to take that with a grain of salt but the way he's acting today, I'm inclined to believe that something really is bothering him. I called the ped's office and spoke to the nurse and she said that I need to bring him in so they can check his urine (fun fun!) but they didn't have any appointments until tomorrow afternoon. I'm sure it will turn out to be nothing so I'm not freaking out about that, I'm just wondering if there is anything I can or should do in the meantime. I know this is going to come out wrong, but it would suit me just fine if he miraculously got better this evening and I didn't have to take him in tomorrow after all. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote