View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #1
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

Baby and toddler sharing room?

We have a 15 month old foster son, and it is very likely that his sibling, who will be born in the next few weeks, will come here to live as well. We recently moved DS into his own room, and he is sleeping so much better! My husband is a snorer, and I guess we didn't realize how it affected DS. He never fully woke up, but he would be restless/whiny a couple times per night and we would just shush him back to sleep. Since moving to his own room he has not done this once!!!

We were planning on putting the newborn's crib in our room, at least until he's sleeping through the night. But now I'm wondering if he might do better in DS's room. It's plenty big enough for 2 cribs. I don't know if it is worse to disturb the newborn's sleep with DH snoring, or disturb the one year old with the baby crying at night! It would be nice to keep our room a kid free zone, but it's also sometimes easier with a newborn nearby. But then again there is a rocker in DS's room but not ours. Aargh, I just can't decide!!! Any thoughts to help me make this decision?
PurpleFluff is offline   Reply With Quote