View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Q's about prepping and stripping..Pls help!

Covers and most pockets just need to be washed once. The new AIO (and pocket i guess) it depends on what its made of. I would refer to the site you bought it from. If its synthetic material (like microfiber) then wash once with above. If its natural fiber you need to wash it several times and can do with the other items that need prepping below (but not boil).

Used diapers I would wash with oxygen bleach (personally, you can use normal bleach) just to disinfect and lots of hot water. I would watch to make sure there is no soap bubbles in a hot cycle after the bleach to make sure there is no build up.

I like to prep hemp and prefolds by boiling. Boil a couple at a time for 10 minutes. Wash and dry 1 or 2 times and you are good. Otherwise you need to wash & dry 3-5 times each you can do this is a load with towels or other laundry. If your prefolds are bleached you can get away with less... check the site you bought them from (or any diaper site really).

I think that is it...
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here and here.

Last edited by Pixi6s; 04-18-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote