View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #30
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I really that much stricter than other Moms?

We have those rules so I have my sanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfinn View Post
We don't have any of those rules and we don't have food all over the house, broken furniture, broken windows or dented heads? Maybe bc I only have one?

<snip>

We have a problem with throwing things though. Balls are allowed to be thrown as we only have soft ones in the house. But DS will all of a sudden throw his cars and that doesn't "fly"! but I can't seem to get him to stop, even though it is rule. I don't even know what brings it on, he will be playing and all of a sudden we have a car flying across the room? Anyway we are working on that one.

EDIT: we do have the no yelling in the house.
No fighting, no use of toys as weapons. My DS doesn't even know about toy guns, swords or anything like that.
Our drinks all have caps/tops so no spills, except coffee which I normally don't take out of the kitchen. DH drinks his coffee out of a to go cup with a closing spout!
Food is allowed in living room, DS must wipe his hands after he eats a bite or snack. He has his own little towels for this!
MORE:toys on shelves can be played with without an adult, picked up when done. Toys on the higher shelves must be asked for played with and put back.
Yes. I'm certain it's because you only have one. I'm telling you: They feed off each other and their common sense goes out the window when you get siblings together. It's not the same with kids that aren't your siblings. It's much easier to fight with someone who is always there than friends who aren't.

My Oma used to say, "One boy is a boy. Two boys are half a boy. Three boys are no boy at all." She was referring to how her boys used their common sense when they got together.

And when boys turn about 9 they get really goofy and do dumb things together with their friends. At least all the ones around here do.

I'm just curious about these little towels. Who gets them out for him? Who makes sure they don't pile up all over the house? Who puts them in the laundry? Who washes them and puts them away?

We have a system similar to this bolded, but unless I am on my kids 24/7 (I have 3 out of the womb so far now), it isn't done consistently. It was really awesome when it was just DS1 and me, but it has gotten more challenging with the increase in population around here.