Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who do you choose to be God parent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraElise View Post
Technically, as a Catholic, I cannot be a God parent for a non Catholic child. That doesn't mean that people don't do it though.

For Catholics at least on Godparent needs to be a practicing Catholic, but the other can be a "Christian Witness" (can still call them a Godparent, but they are listed on the Baptismal certificate as a Christian Witness), someone of another Christian denomination practicing their faith.

We personally take the role of Godparent very seriously and only pick those who actually are attending Mass regularly and living their faith since for us, the point is to help guide our child in the Church. I don't know much about the Lutheran church except for that it is close to Catholicism in many ways. I would assume they have similar guidelines for choosing a Godparent.
this has been true for every church I have attended, as well as the rule that if the Godparent is married, they have to have been married in the Catholic church
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote