View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
Mrsfroberg
Registered Users

Exclamation HELLP Syndrome? **LOSS MENTIONED**

Does anyone have any experience with this? My SIL is in the hospital (22w today, first baby after being told she may never be able to conceive) and this is at the top of their list right now. She's had awful back pain that causes uncontrollable vomiting for the last 2 weeks. The docs have brushed it off as muscle spasms. She went to the ER on Sat night and was given morphine and a narcotic and told to go to doc today. The meds touched the pain a bit, but didn't take it away completely. Today she went for her appt and was sent to the hospital- elevated liver enzymes, protein in her urine, and then they sent her for more tests and a different hospital. I haven't heard anything in a couple of hours. I know they were going to do an ultrasound. But, they did tell her that they need to think of what is best for her since baby is not viable, and that if she were full term, they would deliver tonight. :/

Anyway, I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs 1500 miles away. She's like a sister to me, and I HATE to think that something bad could happen and she could lose the baby.

Alli: loving wife to my geeky Air Force Computer Engineer , Brandon
Mommy to: Audrey (2.10.07), William (2.16.09), and Eloise (8.10.10)
Maxwell & Charlotte (3.13.2012)

Last edited by Mrsfroberg; 04-23-2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: title change
Mrsfroberg is offline   Reply With Quote