Old 04-24-2013, 07:55 AM   #16
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Gripe water

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Probably is cause the liquid have to be refrigerated, and therefore most pharmacies don't keep them in stock or have limited. The BioGaia ones we got were like $50 a bottle. A little insane when I think of it now.
Yikes! That's pricey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinhand View Post
I haven't used gripe water or gas drops for any of my babies. I worry about interferring with pristine gut, and my babies seem happy enough. If I had a real fusser or one who acted in pain, I would probably try it.
If they're happy and content, there's no need to try anything more. Like the hiccups - with DD1 she would get so angry and upset when she got the hiccups, start screaming about them and it was horrid, so we tried the gripe water and it helped her. But Piper doesn't seem bothered by her hiccups, so we aren't giving her anything for now, and won't unless she seems upset/hurt by them.
Same with gas bubbles/pain - if they aren't having troubles there's no need for anything more, but if they're in pain I'd rather give them something to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
Look at the ingredients.. Not pleasant stuff in the ones I have Seen. Fructose for my 4 week old? No thanks.
I would rather give them a little something to help them feel better and not be in pain, than have them crying and screaming, upset and hurting.
IHA - XS & Small pockets, NB & Small AIOs/AI2s
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote