View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #14
Registered Users
Originally Posted by gabmaxi
When you have GD they will check your baby's blood sugar six times. Can't remember the exact but it's like I hr, 2hr, 3, 8, 12 and 24. I kinda made those up but it's frequent in the beginning and taper off. I hated it.
I tried pumping colostrum before giving birth but it didn't work for me. I think with this baby I'll just ask for formula if she needs something. Also the hospital that i birthed in woukd not have allowed a bottle brought in from home. Both my kiddos were fine; younger had borderline low sugar but evened out.
Exercise, like pp said, is really important. My fastings were creeping up until I started adding more vigorous walks/gym time.
I think the frequency of testing depends on where you deliver. I had insulin dependent gd with this pregnancy. My baby was born 3 days ago and had her sugars tested at hours 2-4. They came back fine so they stopped with those.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Anjuli, recently separated mom to Bubbles, my 5.5 year old wild man, Squidge, my almost 3 year old daredevil, and Lou, my 7 month old newbie

Last edited by bumminbeachbabe; 04-24-2013 at 11:21 PM.
bumminbeachbabe is offline   Reply With Quote