View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #14
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabmaxi
When you have GD they will check your baby's blood sugar six times. Can't remember the exact but it's like I hr, 2hr, 3, 8, 12 and 24. I kinda made those up but it's frequent in the beginning and taper off. I hated it.
I tried pumping colostrum before giving birth but it didn't work for me. I think with this baby I'll just ask for formula if she needs something. Also the hospital that i birthed in woukd not have allowed a bottle brought in from home. Both my kiddos were fine; younger had borderline low sugar but evened out.
Exercise, like pp said, is really important. My fastings were creeping up until I started adding more vigorous walks/gym time.
I think the frequency of testing depends on where you deliver. I had insulin dependent gd with this pregnancy. My baby was born 3 days ago and had her sugars tested at hours 2-4. They came back fine so they stopped with those.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Last edited by bumminbeachbabe; 04-24-2013 at 11:21 PM.
bumminbeachbabe is offline   Reply With Quote