Old 04-26-2013, 05:49 PM   #10
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Help! Meals for big families...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlia64 View Post
Ok..great tips..but see this is why its so hard for me. I Get so frusterated with things like..my hubby likes to eat cheseburgers ALOT. Its like his number one fav meal (Bleck! I like them once in a while) but anyways..he eats 3 (they go in one pan), I make 5 (SMALL) of them fit into another for the kiddies, THANK goodness 2 of the kiddies dont like them. So by the time my stove has 2 big pans there isnt room for another pan...so I usually skip burgers and dont get one becuase bythe time Im done cooking and putting together all those burgers..I dont feel like standing over the stove for another 1/2 hour..UGH. Thank goodness its summer though because I can use the GRILL!
Maby im not making enough or maby Im not doing enough side dishes...IDK? When I make chicken..I usually make one for everyone. A Big pack of chicken breasts is like $15-$19 here (boneless, skinless) and to me..thats alot of $$ to spend on just one meal worth of meat (or is it?>) IDK. I def need to find more larger meals or how to add to my meals so there is enough for everyone becuase Im tired of toast! GRRRR! Thanks everyone for the tips
It might help to utilize other utensils. So, make a side dish in the crock pot, or roast veggies in the oven. Just come up with things that aren't stove top if the main dish is on the stove, and are if the main dish is in the oven.

Also, I make 1.5 potatoes per person and almost always have extra. Stock up around holidays, ham at Easter, pork at New Year's, etc. Soups are good for stretching meals too, I think. Have a sandwich and soup, or make a couple loaves of bread to go with it.

Or, tell us what you like and we can help advise.

Oh, I have experience from family dinners, but there are only three of us at home.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote