View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #41
Dahlia64
Banned

Re: Help! Meals for big families...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasK View Post
I'm sure they would help since you mentioned u have little ones. Are the kids all yours and your dh's? Sometimes with blended families it can be complicated, my gf went to get assistance and her ex had already applied and been getting help the whole time.
They are all ours together..we are married and we've never applied for assistance so Im not sure if we would qualify or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody View Post
Ours is $2000. $500 a week and that includes paper plates, cleaning spray/toilet cleaner/dishtabs and kitchen soap. We do 6 weekly meals (meat) with sides and 1 frozen or pasta meal.

When I lost my job we were at $1200 a month and we didnt eat so well.

Would you qualify for SNAP?
Not sure but thinking of applying

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdtimemomma View Post
Why aren't you cooking under the broiler in your oven, the cheese burgers?
This is a very good idea mama..never thought of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
This is good advice.

Mama, it sounds like your kiddos are really taking advantage of you. You deserve much more than that. Nursing babies getting up- fine, but antsy toddlers waking in middle of the night getting snacks and drinks? I think something needs to change. You sound like you really cater to their wants and obviously, meet their needs. But is okay for them to understand that they can't have it all their way, all the time. Is this something you feel we can help you with?

I dont know. I just do what they ask. Sometimes I feel bad if I feel they dont get what they want..such as toddler number 4 waking and asking for food and drink..is this becuase he is hungry
Dahlia64 is offline   Reply With Quote