View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #182
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013 weekly chat ~ April 21-27

I know I seem to be a chatter box this morning , but I forgot to mention this and I'm SOOOOOOO excited about it. DH is going to order windows for our house today!!!!! We should get them in at the end of next week!!!!! Our house was built in 1890 and has NEVER had new windows. We have so many repairs on this house to do. DH's parents let it go....big time. In less than two years we've already saved enough money to re-roof it (completed in April 2012), and re-plumb it (completed in Oct. 2012), so I'm glad to finally do something else on this place that will make it look better.

We can't afford to do all of the windows at once, so we'll only be getting half of them now and will have to get the other half later. But it's a start. Even after the windows are completed, we still need to completely re-build the front porch (it's literally falling down and we don't go out there right now....which is a shame) before we'll be able to work on the inside.