View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I though we were doing great, but over the last three months my LO keeps dropping weight percentiles. She was up to the 75th, then the 62nd and now the 50th.

We had our struggles early on...she was born three weeks early in only the 11th percentile and had a poor latch, food allergies, reflux and thrush. I've been telling our Ped that I'm concerned that she won't eat for months now, but they keep brushing me off chalking it up to illness. But why does the baby keep getting sick? I just don't like it and I'm scared. Now they act like if she doesn't gain well in the next month then I'll need to supplement. I just feel so upset and annoyed at the same time. I told them something was wrong and they ignored me until they decided its a problem.

They told me yesterday it's because she's teething. About a month ago she stopped sleeping through the night and got really constipated. They had me discontinue her Prilosec and start miralax. I did that for two weeks, but I finally put my foot down and put her back on the Prilosec because she was miserable and vomiting. I have cut back the miralax because she's been having diarrhea.

I called the lactation consultant at the Ped today but she won't be in until later. She also knows nothing about how PCOS and hypothyroidism effect breastfeeding though. I just started taking fenugreek again and it seems to be helping. The baby totally drenches diapers though I'm not sure if its a quantity issue as quality. How can I increase the fat content of my milk? We're also milk and soy free so my diet is somewhat limited, but I've hardly lost a pound lately so I think I'm eating enough.

Just frustrated. Thanks for your help ladies.

Last edited by MandaMommy2; 04-30-2013 at 09:31 AM.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote