View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #14
TwistedBranches
Registered Users
Formerly: MommaCrunch82
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cowgirl Baby Bassinet get-up and more! (PIC HEAVY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyandnick View Post
Wow! All of it is adorable! Love how you made the boots into lamps!
That was one of my favorite things that I made! I did it all through trial and error. All I did was get two lamp kits from Lowes, two shades (which I actually picked up at Goodwill!), and plaster of paris.

First I cut and sanded the boards down that I mounted the boots to. I drilled a hole in the board and then cut the board from the back of the board to the hole (to make a "channel" for the lamp wire so the board would sit flat on a table).

Then I drilled a hole in the bottom of the boot and put the lamp pipe through the boot and into the board.

I also took a few wood screws and screwed the front of the boot to the board from the bottom of the board to try to attach the boot to the board in more than one place.

Then, once I got that in place, I took chenille yarn and wrapped the exposed part of the lamp pipe to give it a softer texture than just the exposed threading. I then mixed plaster of paris and poured it into the boot. I actually had to do this twice to make the boots even. I also took sand and poured it on top of the plaster of paris in the boot to make it not white and give it some texture.

Once that was done, I just threaded the lamp wire through the lamp pipe and pieced together the lamp kit!

Follow me on Pinterest! || Twisted Branches Woodburnings || TwistedBranches WAHM Thread
TwistedBranches is offline   Reply With Quote