View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #57
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Atheist parents?

DH is aestheist. I consider myselft Buddhist lite, or just a philosophical Buddhist. I grew up in a Buddhist household and I've lived in mostly secular areas of the country all my life. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been asked if I attend church or what religion I practice. I find it so odd and a bit shocking that neighbors and acquaintances would be all up your business about one's belief system. I must be a bit cloistered (pun intended) in my secular world. My boss is a born again Catholic. He's highly devout and has several photos of Popes, the last supper, and saints in his office. He's never mentioned one word of religion to me. I respect his religion and he doesn't concern himself with what others believe.

DH's parents are spiritual, but do not attend church. They're never been any pressure on raising the grandkids with a Christian influence. My parents would like the grandkids to visit a Buddhist temple on a rare occasion, more for cultural exposure than for the religion. Both DH and I are fine with that.

Last edited by Shimpie; 05-06-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote