Old 05-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #112
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~May 5th - May 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCrafty View Post
Well I'm not quite 2 weeks pp but only random spotting but its red. Still planning on waiting until 5-6 weeks pp to be safe. We have our 2 week check up today with the midwife and I'll get my birth control RX. Though now DH and I are considering just using condoms for a few months and then ntnp. We'll see
DH still has to get to the Dr for his referral - not sure if he's putting it off on purpose or not. We need to talk about what we're doing until/after the vas and check and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinhand View Post
And can I say I will be so happy when I don't need a pad or liner anymore? I feel like I am getting rashy or irritated from wearing something for so long! But I am not ready to stain my undies, even though the amount is very scant at this point.
Oy, yes. Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Ugh.. At the point where I'm going to have to buy more pads, but I know I prolly won't use more than like a handful of them. I hate having extra things in my cabinets.
Ugh, me too! I have some overnight pads (use them only for the first few days/week), near a whole pack left there. And I have a pack of regular ones which is more than I need right now but I have to use them up, lol.
I also bought a menstrual cup when I first got pregnant, but have tampons left under the cupboard. Argh.
Although, for me, I just plan to hold onto those in case DD1 wants to use them when she starts menstruating. (how scary that is to think of, lol!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
When we moved we have a bet to see how long we can go without cable so we do not get any of those shows atm just some dvds of shows. I seriously need to get the Friends dvd set!

Well now that we moved we have a Target 5 minutes down the street oh and there is a STARBUCKS TOO!!!!
We don't have "real" tv, but we have netflix and DH used to download the few tv shows we really liked - which I need to bug him to do again cuz there's now a whole season we've never watched!
I wish they had friends on netflix!

Our target has a starbucks in it - I avoided it last night, but I'm sure that won't happen every time I'm in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post
Midwife came out for a weight check and let me take a shower while she straightened up. Love them! Babies are gaining tons of weight, almost a pound in a week! I, unfortunately, have a strep and staph infection in my boobs, which is probably why I'm having so much pain. Thank you mastitis So, I guess now I will do a round of antibiotics. What is it that you do when you have to take antibiotics?
That's awesome of her! I would love someone to come clean my house *sigh* I may make a little list for the kids to help out with - they'd earn video game time for it, and I'd get some clean bathrooms!
for babies gaining!!! WTGrow girls!!!

I'm so sorry you've got so much infection going on. That's terrible.
When I have to take antibiotics I always grab probiotics and start them right away. With breast issues I would also make sure to get a Rx for APNO and use that as well.
With the probiotics you do have to watch for timing - you can't take them at the same time (or within a timeframe) of the antibiotics, for both to be effective, and some antibiotics you have to take with or without food - it can be a bit tricky to schedule, but it can be done.
I would also give the girls probiotics as well - get capsules, break them apart, have the babies suck the powder off your finger. There are children's probiotics (here anyways) and I give about half a capsule to my babies when needed.

Quote:
Well Aubree is only up to 8lbs, she was 8lbs 9oz at birth and 7lbs 13oz a week ago.
for some more growing and gaining!

Quote:
Oh and pads. DH went shopping for us last week, and wrote down the pads I wanted. He came home with a 100 count of liners. I really prefer longs but they are regular and scented. But I'm just changing them constantly to use them up quicker
I wouldn't be able to use scented ones, blech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Question. What do you do in the car when baby screams non stop? I just dont know. It stresses me out, but he hates carseat/car
I hate it when my babies cry in the car. I feel so stressed and helpless.
We just try to get wherever we're going as quick as possible and then get Piper out to feed and comfort asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post
Started using the paci in the car too.
I would love it if Piper took a paci - just for this exact reason! But she still really doesn't like them, and in her car seat she just gets all the more angry and upset if we try the paci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
I noticed yesterday that Nova has two bruises on her bum. One is pretty big...about 2-3 inches across. I have no idea where they came from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinhand View Post
Could those bruises be Mongolian spots?
birthmarks, perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Alie was 7 lbs 10 oz at her 2 week checkup. She looked huge so I was curious and weighed her with me...bathroom scale says 10.2 lbs!!! Geez.... we'll see what the docs scale says in 2 weeks. She's not a ton chubbier though just bigger all over...
if that's right - WTGrow Alie!!!

Quote:
Anyone else having trouble getting insurance for their baby?
I can't imagine that hassle or cost. I'm sure our cost will increase a bit, too, but it's never jumped a bunch when we've added any of the kids, and it comes out of DH's paycheck automatically so it doesn't seem that bad, kwim? It's worse when he's on leave and we have to write a check for that $$!

For us it's just a matter of paperwork - I've got to get her birth cert first (it's been ordered, but just waiting for it to arrive) and then we can get her her own health # and added to our additional insurance.

Quote:
This baby is just high maintenance in every way:/ im miserable, hes miserable......we were happy this am and i was shocked, then it ended
I can't imagine.

Quote:
Bennett is six weeks old tonight a 332am im waiting for happy times to be more prevelant and for a goid 5-6 hour stretch of sleep
and !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
AFM: dh and I both got genuine smiles today! Hooray!
Piper has been really trying to smile the past week or so - yesterday I got a great one when I talked to her! Love that - she likes me, she really likes me!

Quote:
DH is going away for five days in a couple weeks to take the eighth graders to LA. I have no idea how I'm not going to lose my mind. Nova will almost be to the magic 6 week mark, but not quite.
Umm... no thanks! I can't picture being alone for bedtime, let alone for 5 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I was supposed to turn in the birth certificate within 30 days, but they hadn't even processed it yet!! It takes 6-8 weeks AFTER you send back the paper they send you 2 weeks after birth. :/

My Boba came today, can't wait to try it!!!!
Argh, that's annoying. I'm waiting on Piper's birth cert still, but for the first 3 months she's just on/under my own health care so it's not a huge deal yet.

Enjoy your boba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post
then off to mommy and me yoga! Can't wait for that - it's held at our local CD store and DD's birthday buddy and his mommy are going. Eager for some girl time!
That sounds like a lot of fun!

Quote:
How can she be too long for the ergo?
The ergo does have a short back, I think it's got the shortest back of all the ssc's, but babies shouldn't be too tall yet. Not for months yet.

AFM: Well, I like Target I mean, it's really just another Walmart (although not quite now cuz our Walmart went to a supercentre) but at least it's at this end of town so if I need something it could save me 20mins of driving And there's a starbucks there, so that's a plus!
Oh, and they DO have the skirts I want... but they're WAY too long. Like I could chop a full foot off them It wouldn't work to cut it off the bottom, though, so I'd have to figure out how to take it off the top and move the waistband down. Grr.
They do have a few very similar skirts but they're mat - they're shorter though I may go actually try them on sometime when it's not so crazy in there.

We almost didn't make it yesterday though, but thank goodness everything turned around and worked out.
When I ate breakfast I had a near immediate IBS attack - I haven't had an attack in months... like I don't think I've had one this whole pregnancy (normal for me for some reason). This one was terrible. I don't know if it's cuz it's been so long that I don't remember or what. But this was bad. I couldn't stand up or walk. I managed to get a snack for Levi and put some shows on the tv, then crawled to bed with Piper. Thank goodness she was happy to just nurse and nap. Levi came in at noon and we all napped for 2 hours. When I woke up I felt much better. Tried eating, everything was fine, just tender.
Very strange.
Then DS1 came home from school and his teacher called, he'd "forgotten" his agenda outside at school. I made him go back to get it, it had a note that he had had a report due Monday morning that he never mentioned to us at all. So he had to start and finish the whole thing yesterday! We ended up taking him to DH's parents' house (we had a yummy supper there, bonus!) and he missed out on target, but at least we still go to go!

Made for a late night for everyone, but we had fun
IHA - XS & Small pockets, NB & Small AIOs/AI2s
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote