Old 05-19-2013, 11:00 PM   #46
daniele_ut
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: who has had 4+ c-sections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies View Post
My doc has had to preform 4 hyst on placenta accretas. All 4+ c/s mamas (2 being the 4th one). He said that the first one was when he was young and he didn't do it and get it under control until the mom lost quite a bit of blood and had to have a # of transfusions and it was so scary). Then the other times he was more experienced and knew what he was seeing and there wasn't a blood loss problem. It makes me feel better (his experience), but that doesn't help the pregnancy part! were you scared to even move during pregnancy? How did it work with little ones to care for? Did you all just make it work?
You definitely want to have an experienced surgeon. I had 4 there for my surgery - 2 OB surgeons, a urologist and a general surgeon standing by.

I won't lie, my pregnancy was very stressful. It was extremely difficult on me emotionally and it was VERY hard on my family, especially dh. I was a wreck from diagnosis until delivery. Thankfully I was working from a home office so I continued to work until about 3 weeks before I delivered. We had to hire someone to help with the housework and laundry. My kids were 3 and 6 so they were pretty self-sufficient but for months after my recovery my then-turned-4 year old would tell me how happy she was that I could pick her up again and carry her. They knew something was up during my pregnancy even though I tried very hard not to convey my fears.
daniele_ut is offline   Reply With Quote