View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 11:19 PM   #381
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

Re: Second Wives Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmonkeysmommy1 View Post
How do you suppose I do this while basically being a single mother for months at a time and still take proper care of my children though?
I am with the youngest all day. I work with my oldest everyday after school for up to three hours a night on homework. At night I do my sewing to help bring in money. And I am babysitting for extra money.
And putting us further in debt at this time is not an option. Especially since I would most likely not use any degree I earned until the kids are put of school anyways.
For US, it makes more since to go back to school when the kids are older.
I think it is wonderful that you can provide if needed. Even a little jealous in some aspects. But what works for you does not always work for everyone.
Well, I personally did most of my school work while the kids were sleeping.

I stopped knitting for sale when I went back to school. But, by that point I had figured out that selling my knitting was really only making enough to fuel my personal knitting. I also babysat a friend's children part time while I was in school. I stooped when my courses had to be taken in class. But when I was doing nonlinear coursework, babysitting didn't interfere.

Well, if you won't use it, then I abssolutely wouldn't add to debt to get a degree.

My way won't work for everyone. But there are lots of other ways to go about ensuring that you could be financially independent if you needed to be. Just as one example, I don't make a good entrepreneur. I have tried it. Not my thing. I lost a bundle learning that lesson. But, some people are.